Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have an iPhone apple 6 Can I recover an incoming text I…

Customer Question
I have an iPhone...

I have an iPhone apple 6 Can I recover an incoming text I deleted a few days ago .

Technician's Assistant: Do you have a backup set up on iTunes or iCloud?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: How long ago were your files deleted?

Within last 5 or 6 days Just one message Name Liz Holloway Wellington

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No that’s all

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
3/31/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Eric Ewing, IT Pro replied 3 months ago
Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing, IT Pro

Hi! I'm Eric, a Mac expert who's been paired with you through JustAnswer.com. I'm reviewing your question now, and will return w/ an answer soon!

Ok thanks
Can’t afford $59
It’s onlt the one question I have

Hello! There is a very good chance this is possible, but will require erasing your iPhone and then restoring it from a backup dated BEFORE you deleted the text thread.

To give this a shot:

1. On your iPhone, go to Settings > General > Software Update. If a newer version of iOS is available, follow the onscreen instructions to download and install it.

2. Make sure you have a recent backup to restore from. Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Storage > Manage Storage (or Settings > iCloud > Storage > Manage Storage), then tap a device listed under Backups to see the date and size of its latest backup.

3. Go to Settings > General > Reset, then tap “Erase all content and settings.”

4. When the iPhone powers on again, follow the on-screen instruction to start setting up the device.
  5. When you get to "App & Data" screen, choose “Restore from iCloud Backup," then sign in to iCloud.
  6. Proceed to “Choose backup,” then choose from a list of available backups in iCloud.

Once your iPhone restores to the iCloud backup you chose, your text thread should be back on your iPhone!

Please tell me how to retrieve texts deleted in the last week
I do not want a free trial or anything else
Can you tell me how to find a deleted text ?
You can email me instructions to***@******.*** no need to phone
The text was from Liz Holloway Wellington NZ about 4 to 5 days ago
Think it was Vodafone 021 ....

Instructions should have been already delivered to you via email, but here they are again in case they did not arrive the first time:

To give this a shot:

Oh no I’m
Not erasing my phone
If that’s the only way you can help
Me well goodbye
Mac Support Specialist: Sheri, Mac Support Specialist replied 3 months ago
Sheri
Sheri, Mac Support Specialist

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you with this issue. I highly recommend you try drphone from wondershare. I have used it successfully in the past, when I worked for a data recovery company. Click on the below link to the website where you can read about it and download the utility. It has worked in many cases:

Link: https://drfone.wondershare.com/iphone-messages/recover-deleted-text-messages-iphone.html

Please reply and let me know if that works for you or if you have any questions. Then we can go to the next step if needed.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Hi, I haven't heard back from you. I just wanted to follow up to see if everything is resolved and whether you still need assistance. Please reply and let me know.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert