Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I can only get a message that says - Activation lock. I have…

Customer Question
I can only get...

I can only get a message that says - Activation lock. I have the original ID but have lost the pw. I changed it several times. the Ipad is about 10 yrs old & may have passed away .

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Maybe 3 0r r monthsago, it changed several times because I was getting a lot of scam mail.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

I checked around but never saw a reset tool, can you give the location?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
3/31/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 3 months ago
Michael T

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your issue

Activation lock is actually a feature related to "Find my iPad" and is a security lock...

The way to ACTIVATE it again is to hook the iPad up to iTunes running on a computer that is signed in with the same apple ID as your ipad

Having said this of course you need to change your apple id password ***** order to be able to do any of this :-)

Please click HERE to reset your password. Follow the directions very carefully and you will have success...

If you do not have iTunes on your computer you can get that HERE

Of course if you have a Mac, you should already have it in the system

If you have any issues please let me know, I am here for you

Thanks Mike

Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 3 months ago

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating for my time today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know and ill be happy to help you more