Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I had to restart my iPhone and when I tried to restore it I…

Customer Question
I had to restart...

I had to restart my iPhone and when I tried to restore it I got everything from my brothers phone not mine

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

IOS 11.3

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

For about a week. I logged out of his Apple ID and into mine but I don’t have my photos and it still has all his apps not mine

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I don’t think so

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/31/2018
Mac Support Specialist: NELSONV VAGHESE,
 replied 4 months ago
NELSONV VAGHESE
Hi
 replied 4 months ago
I am happy to work on this issue
Okay what do I do?
 replied 4 months ago
When did you restore it?
Last weekend
 replied 4 months ago
Ok
 replied 4 months ago
Did you switch of the phone before you restore it?
I don’t think so. What do you mean by switch it?
 replied 4 months ago
I meant you had off the phone
 replied 4 months ago
By the way,your brother also using a this same phone
My dad took it to the apple store and they restored it
 replied 4 months ago
Ok
Yeah I think he also has a 7
 replied 4 months ago
Ok
 replied 4 months ago
Whatever happened its happened
 replied 4 months ago
Can you please make sure that to be take care the following
 replied 4 months ago
Before restoring
Okay
 replied 4 months ago
First, if the phone is functioning, initiate a shutdown by pressing the power button for three seconds, and then swiping the “slide to power off” graphic on the screen. Launch iTunes on your Mac or PC, plug the iPhone into the computer, and start up the phone while holding the Volume Down key. (In a real pinch – i.e., the phone is on but not responding to touch events – press and hold the power and volume down buttons until the iPhone restarts. In this case, it’s best to do this step after plugging it into a computer with iTunes running.) When the iPhone displays the Connect to iTunes screen, let go of the Volume Down button.
 replied 4 months ago
The computer should indicate that it has discovered an iPhone in recovery mode, and walk you through the process of restoring your phone to working condition. After the iPhone is finished restoring, it will be as it was when it was new. This is when you can set it from a recent backup or as new. If you have important data you need to bring over that isn’t stored in some online storage service, restore from a backup. The caveat with this: if your backup contains corrupt data, it’ll carry over to your newly-restored device. In that case, you might want to consider setting up the iPhone from scratch.
 replied 4 months ago
I think the above would help you out
Thank you
 replied 4 months ago
Can you please give an good feedback if you are happy with my answers
 replied 4 months ago
Thanking you very much