Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Need help in resetting an apple password

Customer Question
need help in resetting an apple password
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mac
3/31/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Samuel NetEngineer, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 2 months ago
Samuel NetEngineer
Samuel NetEngineer, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am one of the experts that is going to help you today. Please give me a moment to look over your question so I don't miss anything.

Did you forget your Apple password ***** is your Apple ID currently locked?

Forgot, and cc you have on file is the old one. New one used to get this connection.
no...all I need is a new password
  1. Go to your Apple ID account page and click "Forgot Apple ID or password." If asked to confirm your phone number, use steps for two-factor authentication instead.
  2. Enter your Apple ID. Did you forget your Apple ID?
  3. Select the option to reset your password, then choose Continue.
  4. Choose how to reset your password:
Apple ID account page where, on a PC? or how do I get to it on my Iphone

You can click Apple ID account page, it is a link

on what device?never used an apple account page

On the steps that I sent you, click the words "Apple ID account page"

No. I already said I’d do it. Please stop trying to sell and just andwer my question

I'll go ahead and opt out of the question and let another expert give it a try.

now that I’m in the account page it’s sskinh me for the info I don’t have which is why I contacted tech support in the first place
Mac Support Specialist: Dustin, Mac Support Specialist replied 2 months ago
Dustin, Mac Support Specialist

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

It may be a bit simpler and easier if you and I connect through a secure remote assistance. With that, I will be able to connect to your computer from here and work on repairing the issue personally. This can save a lot of time and if your not very fluent with computer repairs this is the best option.

Our secure remote assistance is guaranteed meaning if I cant solve the issue then you will be entitled to a full refund of all fees. Would you like to try a remote assistance session or would you prefer to continue via written support alone?

Thank you for your response,

Dustin S