Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I was writing a very letter on a template and I wanted to go…

Customer Question
I was writing a...

I was writing a very long letter on a template and I wanted to go to a different source to get a quote and the computer asked me if I wanted to "save, cancel or something else" I mistakenly pressed "don't save and my letter disappeared. I went to Edit to try to "undo" and I could not! Is there anyway to get back my letter?

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

I have a MacBook Pro with High Sierra

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your MacBook Pro? What have you tried so far?

Just tried to "undo" under Edit

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
3/31/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Russell H., Long-time Computer Expert replied 3 months ago
Russell H., Long-time Computer Expert

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your computer editing / typing question.

If you were using MS Word to type the document, and if you had a certain option enabled, there is a backup copy from which you could rebuild the document... *if* you had the option to Always Create Backup Copy enabled.

Go to the folder (Documents, perhaps?) in which the document would have been saved.

Look there for files with the extension .wbk

One of those files, when opened, should contain some or all of what you typed in, hopefully.

(What version of MS Word were you using? Reply and let me know, and that may suggest other options for recovering the lost typing.)

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.