Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I tried erasing everything to start over and I did went to…

Customer Question
I tried erasing everything...

I tried erasing everything to start over and I did went to reinstall the software and it keeps telling me it’s not available

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Apple device?

OS X

Technician's Assistant: Did the application come with an uninstaller, either on the installation disc or in the application's folder on your Mac?

I did command and R

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I don’t think so (?)

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
When I try to redownload the OS X it comes up as OS X El Capitan, then has me put in my Apple ID info and then at that point tells me it’s unavailable and to try later
3/31/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Mohammad Hossain,
 replied 3 months ago
Mohammad Hossain
Hello
This is Mohammad. It seems you are not connected with internet.
Please connect with internet then try again.
Let me know if you still get error message.
Thank you
I still get the error message
 replied 3 months ago

Hello

Just like to know have you erase everything before and reinstall the OS X EI Capitan ?

This Macbook is associate with your apple ID or you are the original owner .

replied 3 months ago

Please call Apple and they will switch the ownership to the right accounts for you. I believe you are having issue with your AppleID associate with this Mac.

Here is the link for Apple ID support:

https://getsupport.apple.com/?caller=kb&PRKEYS=PF23

Thank you,