Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mother died and do not know password to activate her Ipad..

Customer Question
Mother died and do...

Mother died and do not know password ***** activate her Ipad.. can it be done with out password

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Never

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

How do you do that

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
3/31/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Mr.Med, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 3 months ago
Mr.Med
Mr.Med, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, I'mCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

I'm sorry about the issue, Please try to restore the iPad device, Important : This will cause you to lose all data (photos, files, ect...) currently on device.

Here are the steps to restore the iPad :

1-Download Itunes from : https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

2-Install itunes and plug in your iPad to your pc

3-press and hold the home button and the sleep/wake/power button at the same time for 45 seconds until the Apple logo appears, once that appears you can release the buttons

4-iTunes will give message iTunes has detected an iPad in recivery mode you must restore this iPad to continue

5-click restore if it does not go through click on the iPad in the left hand side of iTunes and click restore

6-restore iPad and now you should have your iPad back.

Additional Information : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Shrc3FeCJEQ

Let me know if you need further assistance

Thank you

Regards,

Do you still need help please?