Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My iphone 6s was disabled from itunes. for the last hour and…

Customer Question
My iphone 6s was...

My iphone 6s was disabled from itunes. for the last hour and a half . i have a case number 101495950176. reactivating my phone, i am at a point where it asked for my Apple user id and then it goes to a 8 digit password ***** i had set it for 4 digits earlier . wondering if there is a problem with my apple user id My name i am Amber Dickerson

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update your iTunes?

This evening with a rep from Apple

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

I am scared if i mess with the 8 digit password, it will disable my phone again. Thank U

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
3/31/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 3 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

I don’t want a plan. Please refund

As long as you know your apple id and password ***** can get passed it asking for that information and its just the passcode you cant get passed then you can bypass the passcode by putting your iphone into recovery mode first and then doing a restore see instructions and pic attached to this message:

All you would need to do is put the phone into recovery mode and then connect it to a computer and do a restore. Here is how.

1. Make sure that you're using the latest version of iTunes.
  2. If iTunes is already open, close it. Connect your device to your computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from a friend or family member if needed.
  3. While your device is connected, put it into recovery mode You do this by doing the next step
  4. Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons for at least 10 seconds but don’t let go when you see the apple logo. Hold these buttons until you see the iTunes logo and cable icon. See pic attached to this message.
  5. When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose to restore. iTunes will try to reinstall iOS. It may take a while just keep an eye on it as you may need to download the file and open it. Just follow the instructions on the screen and you should be fine. If not let me know

If you have any questions along the way, please let me know.

Please consider rating my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.

Please ignore any offers for remote assist as those are automated and not sent by me personally.

Am I part of a plan. Please remove it!!!
No plans please
Please confirm no plans

I have not set you into any plan but if you feel like that has already happened I have provided the customer service info below:

In order to complete your refund, please visit the following site:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

You can also call 1(###) ###-####/p>

Thank you.