Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I can't get my computer and my iphone to have the same

Customer Question
I can't get my...

I can't get my computer and my iphone to have the same password.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

I don't know, where do I find it?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

I have tried using what I think is the password ***** it tells me it's wrong.I've tried resetting, and that doesn't work.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Probably lots, but not now

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
3/31/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 3 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

If you are trying to get your Mac computer to use the same apple id and password ***** your iPhone, then on your mac you need to navigate to :

1. Click the apple
  2. click system preferences
  3. click icloud
  4. click the "account details" button
  5. click "security" at the top of the window
  6. click the "change password" button
  7. then change your password

If you go thru these steps you may be prompted to sign in with your apple id password ***** you can reach step 5 but if worse comes to worse and still nothing, you may want to sign out of your apple id on the mac and then sign back in.