Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I need to updated my phone, it got wet and i will like to…

Customer Question
I need to...

I need to updated my phone , it got wet and i will like to updated

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?

iphone 6s

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

The phone not get pass the screen with the plug and itunes logo and support apple.com/phone/restore

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

My computer is telling that i can't update my macair because is not complatible

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
3/31/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 3 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

If your phone is stuck in recovery mode, which is when the screen has the iTunes logo and the cable. See pic attached to this message. Then you have no choice but to do so as it basically is forcing you to reinstall the iOS which is why iTunes is needed. Here is what to do: You may not need to do step 4 below if your phone is still showing the iTunes logo and cable icon as in the pic attached.

1. Make sure that you're using the latest version of iTunes. (this may be the culprit of your error message so make sure this is done)
  2. If iTunes is already open, close it. Connect your device to your computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from a friend or family member if needed.
  3. While your device is connected, put it into recovery mode You do this by doing the next step
  4. Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons for at least 10 seconds but don’t let go when you see the apple logo. Hold these buttons until you see the iTunes logo and cable icon. See pic attached to this message.
  5. When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose to restore. iTunes will try to reinstall iOS. It may take a while just keep an eye on it as you may need to download the file and open it. Just follow the instructions on the screen and you should be fine. If not let me know

If you have any questions along the way, please let me know.

Please consider rating my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue. I can always remote into your computer and help as well. Let me know.