Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I think that I know my Apple ID but I don't remember my

Customer Question
I think that I...

I think that I know my Apple ID but I don't remember my password

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I haven't changed my password ***** my iPad. My phone and computer are fine. I have been using my iPad all day and now it demands activation because I added "Find my iPhone which I have never needed to use.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
3/31/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Eric Ewing, IT Pro replied 3 months ago
Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing, IT Pro

Hi! I'm Eric, a Mac expert who's been paired with you through JustAnswer.com. I'm reviewing your question now, and will return w/ an answer soon!

Good evening! To recover your Apple ID account and reset the password, please open a web browser on your computer and navigate to: iforgot.apple.com

Where prompted, enter your Apple ID (which is probably your email address). You will also need to enter some text to prove you are not a robot. (Tip: if you can't read the text, just keep clicking until you can.)

The next step will depend on the type of security you have set up for your Apple account. If you have set up two-step verification or two-factor authentication this will involve receiving details via another device.

If you haven't set up either of these extra levels of security it will be a case of getting an email or answering some security questions.

Hope that helps! If you need additional assistance, please let us know :-)

Hello! Just quickly checking back in to make sure your issue is now resolved? When you have the chance, would you kindly let me know? Thanks so much for using JustAnswer.com!

The issue was resolved. Thank you.