Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Trying to download apps but it tells me account is locked.

Customer Question
Trying to download apps...

Trying to download apps but it tells me account is locked

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Today like 30 seconds ago

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Ya

Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: Mac
3/31/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Samuel NetEngineer, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 24 days ago
Samuel NetEngineer
Samuel NetEngineer, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am one of the experts that is going to help you today. Please give me a moment to look over your question so I don't miss anything.

When did this start?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Today I just bought the phone

Did you buy the phone new or used?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
New
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
It tells me that I locked out of account

If you or someone else enters your password, security questions, or other account information incorrectly too many times, your Apple ID automatically locks to protect your security and you can't sign in to any Apple services. You can unlock your Apple ID after you verify your identity.

If your Apple ID is locked for security reasons, you might see one of these alerts:

• “This Apple ID has been disabled for security reasons”
  • "You can't sign in because your account was disabled for security reasons"
  • "This Apple ID has been locked for security reasons"

When you see one of these alerts, you can go to iforgot.apple.com to unlock your account with your existing password ***** to reset your password. After multiple unsuccessful attempts to unlock your account, your Apple ID will remain locked and you can try again the next day.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I’ve done that for about 3 hours straight and types I’m same exact password ***** I reset it to but keeps locking me out
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
annoying

Do you perhaps have caps lock on on your computer?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
It’s a phone
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
no

Are you resetting the correct Apple account?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Ya
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Is there a way I can make a new one and retry that way

You will need to know the password ***** the account that is associated with your phone first.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
How do I get my refund from here

Was my answer to your question insufficient?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Ya I just figured it out on the phone with apple
Samuel NetEngineer
Samuel NetEngineer