Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have an older iPad from 2012 and we misplaced it, found it…

Customer Question
I have an older...

I have an older iPad from 2012 and we misplaced it, found it several months later, and now cannot remember the password ***** we are locked out

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Several years ago I’m sure, don’t have an exact date.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

That’s what I’m looking for, those instructions.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/30/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Cris, Mac Specialist replied 4 months ago
Cris
Cris, Mac Specialist

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will be glad to assist you.

Does the iPad have a 4 digit passcode you cannot get pass is that correct?

OK, if that is the case you will need to reset the iPad through recovery mode using iTunes. I cannot remote into an iPad. Give me a moment to provide you proper instructions on how to do the process.

now what? You take my money and put me on hold
  1. You will need to have latest version of iTunes installed on a PC. You can download it from iTunes.com
  2. After you have installed iTunes open the application on your PC.
  3. Turn off the iPad by holding the on/off button at the top. Hold until slide to power off appears then turn off.
  4. Then hold the on/off button and home button down together at the same time. Do not let go until you see the iTunes logo at the bottom of the iPad. You may have to hold both button for up to 1 minute.
  5. When the logo comes up, plug the iPad to the PC with iTunes already open.
  6. On the iTunes screen you will get a prompt to restore, click restore.
  7. That will restore the phone to factory settings.
  8. After it completes then finish the setup of the iPad.

Let me know the outcome and if you have any further questions. Please take a moment to rate my service and submit at the top.

Ok, so I should be refunded the $39 since you were not able to remote into my device, right

Yes, I will forward the request to customer service so you are not charged for remote services. The site sends out auto request and us experts cannot remote into any ipads. Just Windows and Mac computers.

Please let me know if you have any further questions Please take a moment to rate my service and submit at the top.

The iTunes logo never showed up on the bottom of the iPad
Ignore, I did it myself. The iPad has to be connected to your computer to get the iTunes logo to show up. Your instructions said the logo would show up when you press home & on/off; then connect it. I’m not satisfied you helped my, pls also refund my $5 deposit.

ok