Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

How do I delete an invalid Apple acct? This acct no longer…

Customer Question
How do I delete...

How do I delete an invalid Apple acct? This acct no longer exists. Have entered new acct info. Help!

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Have no one idea! Have iPad 4. Since moving now using gmail.com. No longer have Charter.net acct. Have entered all dats for gmail in settings, etc. when trying to update apps I keep getting asked to give password ***** Charter,net. Help!

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Not really. Do not have a mac

Submitted: 22 days ago.Category: Mac
3/30/2018
Mac Support Specialist: John T. F., Apple Consultant replied 22 days ago
John T. F., Apple Consultant

Hello! I will work to provide accurate advice. Give me a minute to read your submission.

If Secure Remote Assistance is offered, please ignore it.

You must update your original Apple ID using your current info. You can not create and use a new ID or you lose access to previously downloaded/purchased apps and music.

It will likely be easiest to update info from a computer.

You can do so by signing into the Apple ID management site:

https://appleid.apple.com/

Once signed in, browse the rest of the personal information shown on screen and verify it is all correct. Make any changes as needed - scroll down to each section, verifying the info is current, and click "Edit" at the right side of the screen for each area that needs updated.

Once completed, the personal information should updated almost immediately for all Apple-related services. You may need to restart your devices depending on what was updated.

NOTE: If you used your new email address to create a new ID for Apple already, you will have to make a different gmail account to use with the original Apple ID.

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
John, I was able to delete Charter,net as a rescue site on Apps. Now hung up with iTune still having Charter.net. Help!
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Thanks for noting my error. You may sense my frustration. Have tried doing on my own. No luck.
I was able to unenable Charter.net on App. However iTunes still ask for password ***** Charter.net. How do I now delete Charter.net as an account? FYI. Trying to update Apps with gmail.com acct only.
Mac Support Specialist: John T. F., Apple Consultant replied 21 days ago
Please do the following for any section of Settings where the incorrect ID is being used. If neither ID is listed, choose the option to sign in with an existing account and use your correct Apple ID and password.1) Go to Settings > [your user name] > iCloudIf incorrect account is listed, tap “Sign Out” or “Delete Account” and make sure the account is removed.
Sign in with the correct Apple ID by choosing the option to sign in with an existing account.2) Go to Settings > “Accounts & Passwords” or MailVerify correct iCloud email is listed, if you use it.3) Go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive.If incorrect account is listed, tap it and choose Sign Out
Sign in with your correct Apple ID by choosing the option to sign in with an existing account.4) Go to Settings > FacetimeIf incorrect account is listed, tap it and choose Sign Out
Sign in with your correct Apple ID by choosing the option to sign in with an existing account.5) Go to Settings > iTunes & App StoreIf incorrect account is listed, tap it and choose Sign Out
Sign in with your correct Apple ID by choosing the option to sign in with an existing account.Once you have completed the above then the iOS device should be ready to go.
John T. F., Apple Consultant