Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My IPhone 6 went automatically into the update, prompted me…

Customer Question
My IPhone 6 went...

My IPhone 6 went automatically into the update, prompted me to select WiFi, would not take my Verizon WiFi password ***** in the past worked and went into prompting me to enter my Apple Id and Password ***** I do not recall and can not find the paper where I wrote it upon phone activation. My # is Verizon(###) ###-####

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Never did since phone activation

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No, how do I do that

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Is there any other information I need to provide at this moment?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/30/2018
Mac Support Specialist: John T. F., Apple Consultant replied 4 months ago
John T. F., Apple Consultant

Hello! I will work to provide accurate advice. Give me a minute to read your submission.

If Secure Remote Assistance is offered, please ignore it.

Your email address is normally used as the username for your Apple ID. You should be able to reset your password ***** a computer using the site:

http://iforgot.apple.com/

1) Enter your Apple ID and click Continue. (If you have forgotten your Apple ID, click the option to “look it up” on that same page and supply the requested info. Then, once you have the ID, return to reset the password ***** needed.)

NOTE: If you are asked to confirm your trusted phone number, or asked for a “Recovery Key”, AND you also have a Mac, iPhone, or iPad using the SAME Apple ID where you can currently access the home screen, STOP and let me know - otherwise continue.

2) Select the option to reset your password. Choose how to reset your password:

• select "Answer security questions" to answer your stored security questions and then follow the rest of the steps.
  • select "Get an email" to receive an email you can use to reset your password.

3) Once you have the Apple ID and have reset the password, test out that it is working properly by signing into the Apple ID management site: https://appleid.apple.com/

While signed in, it's a good idea to verify that all other details are current and correct.

4) You should restart all your Apple devices before signing in with the new password.

If you still have concerns, don’t negatively rate my answer, just reply back and let me know. I'll be happy to advise you further. When finished, please give a positive rating so I can be credited for my assistance. You are judging my personal service only (not this website, the price, or your issue) and high ratings assure I remain in good standing.

Thanks and good luck,

I need your help with account recovery

Ok, did you try the above and did it ask to confirm your trusted phone number?

John,
Please do not send any instructions to my phone as I can not access it but email me all instructions at***@******.***

I am posting the instructions on the site directly, you may be receiving notifications to email or text but I don't actually have control over that portion.

Thank you,got your email and understand you will be communicating your instructions here, I shall stay here to follow any instruction from your end to reactivate my IPhone.

Ok, here are the instructions again if you did not get them the first time:

http://iforgot.apple.com/

Thanks and good luck,

Going to forgot.apple.com now, will keep you posted.

Ok, thanks!

Mac Support Specialist: John T. F., Apple Consultant replied 3 months ago

Hello, I was just following up to see if you ever got this resolved.

Mac Support Specialist: John T. F., Apple Consultant replied 2 months ago

do you still need assistance with this issue? I would be glad to help further. Otherwise, if you could please rate to close out this session that would be much appreciated.