Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I am locked out of my ipad, when I bought my I pad 2 years…

Customer Question
My name is***** and...

My name is***** and I am locked out of my ipad

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

When I bought my I pad 2 years ago and I forgot my ID and password ***** have reset anything since

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No how do I do that

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
3/30/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Eric Ewing, IT Pro replied 3 months ago
Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing, IT Pro

Hi! I'm Eric, a Mac expert who's been paired with you through JustAnswer.com. I'm reviewing your question now, and will return w/ an answer soon!

Hi! Are you stuck at the screen asking for your passcode, or somewhere else?

I am not on the I pad that needs your help

Thanks for that clarification! We can certainly get around that forgotten passcode; we'll need to reset the iPad, but here's how:

1. Connect your iOS device to your computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from a friend, or go to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider.
  2. While your device is connected, force restart it:
    • Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see the recovery-mode screen.
  3. When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose Restore. iTunes will download software for your device. If it takes more than 15 minutes, your device will exit recovery mode and you'll need to repeat steps 2 and 3.
  4. Wait for the process to finish. Then you can set up and use your device.

Hope that helps! If you run into any issues or have additional questions, please let me know.

I’m on the screen for activation lock
I forgot Apple ID and password

Gotcha. To recover your Apple ID account and reset the password, please open a web browser on your computer and navigate to: iforgot.apple.com

Where prompted, enter your Apple ID (which is probably your email address). You will also need to enter some text to prove you are not a robot. (Tip: if you can't read the text, just keep clicking until you can.)

The next step will depend on the type of security you have set up for your Apple account. If you have set up two-step verification or two-factor authentication this will involve receiving details via another device.

If you haven't set up either of these extra levels of security it will be a case of getting an email or answering some security questions.

Hope that helps! If you need additional assistance, please let us know :-)

Thank you very much for your help I will have to go to friends to get on their computer
Bye for now
I will text later
Kristina
Diana DeBoard

Great! Please let me know how things go!