Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Bought 2nd hand iPad mini 2. Other person has removed from…

Customer Question
Bought 2nd hand iPad...

Bought 2nd hand iPad mini 2. Other person has removed from his Apple account but it is still saying it is locked by his account ??

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I just got this device. I haven’t changed anything

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No. How do I do that

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No. Thanks

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/30/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 4 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

Ok

Please ignore any offers for remote assist as those are automated and not sent by me personally. Plus, in this case we can not remote into mobile devices anyways so we can chat through these messages instead.

If they have removed this device from their devices section after signing into https://appleid.apple.com with their apple id and password, then you should be able to restart, shutdown, or restore the device from itunes and then see if the activation lock still shows up.

To force restart your ipad :

Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons for at least 10 seconds but don’t let go when you see the apple logo.

If they have not removed this device as explained above they can also try and do the following:

1. Sign in to iCloud.com with their Apple ID.
  2. Go to Find My iPhone.
  3. Click All Devices at the top of the screen.
  4. Select the device that you want to remove from iCloud.
  5. If necessary, click Erase [device].
  6. Click Remove from Account.

After the previous owner removes the device from their account, turn off the device and then turn it back on to begin the setup process.

Why wouldn’t a force restart work
I want my money back! This is not working.

Customer service

In order to complete your refund, please visit the following site:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

You can also call 1(###) ###-####/p>

Thank you.