Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I want to erase/reset my iPad but I do not remember putting…

Customer Question
I want to erase/reset...

I want to erase/reset my iPad but I do not remember putting in a restriction code and do not know it. Is there anyway I can remove the restriction code without connecting to a computer?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Probably about 6months or more ago

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No but it is the restrictions code which is not the same as my pass ode

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

It is not a mac

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
3/30/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 3 months ago
Michael T

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your issue.

Not the only way to do this is via a computer because of the restriction code not being able to access the reset function...

Very sorry my friend but connecting it to itunes on a computer is the only way and You will need to restore your device as New to remove a Restrictions passcode. Go through the normal process to restore your device, but when you see the options to restore as New or from a backup, be sure to choose New.

Thanks very much, Mike