Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Have new iPhone 8+. CANNOT GET MAIL...Messsage says

Customer Question
Have new iPhone 8+...

Have new iPhone 8+. CANNOT GET MAIL...Messsage says "map.gmail.com" is not responding. Verify...

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot on your iPhone (pressing and holding the Home and Sleep/Wake buttons for 10 seconds)?

Not responding!

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Email on Mac Book Pro working!

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
3/30/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 3 months ago
Michael T

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your issue

I would suggest that you delete that email account from the phone and then add it back

Make sure when you setup that you let it verify your account and that setup is completed.

It is also possible that in the gmail server you have not set it to allow imap on devices...

Try deleting and re adding it first and see what that does