Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Trying to purchase something but credit card on file expired…

Customer Question
Trying to purchase something...

Trying to purchase something but credit card on file expired and I can't figure out how to update my information.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

I think have an I7? I am not tech savey

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Apple device? What have you tried so far?

Just now. I am trying to sign up for a three month plan on a dating app. The card on file has expired and I just want to enter the new card information and I can't.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
3/30/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 3 months ago
Michael T

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your issue

TAP SETTINGS

TAP YOUR NAME AT THE VERY TOP

TAP ITUNES & APP STORE

TAP YOUR BLUE ID AT THE VERY TOP

TAP VIEW APPLE ID

SIGN IN

TAP PAYMENT INFORMATION

CHANGE YOUR CARD HERE

Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 3 months ago

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating for my time today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today otherwise I wont be paid from your already made deposit for helping you. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know and ill be happy to help you more

I can not change the card. I followed your advice.
Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 3 months ago

Do you have access to a computer so you can login to your account online and change the card there?

That will work 100% using a computer

Can I be called on the phone to discuss. I am frustrated.
Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 3 months ago

I dont actually have the ability for phone service.... Please dont be frustrated, if you can get on a computer you can do this in 5 mins flat...

My email says it has been updated. When I go on the app I am trying to purchase it does not show update.
Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 3 months ago

Please restart your phone... The info should sync.. Close out the app store and swipe it up to close the app completely

Then try again.. Sometimes it takes a little time for your phone to update the info

It’s a dating app. Will I loose all of my info and have to start over?
Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 3 months ago

No you wont lose a thing..... Your account wont be touched if you close it out

Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 3 months ago

Hiya, I noticed you had viewed my answer but did not rate yet. I would be very greatful if you would. Thanks very much, Mike