Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

We have a 2012 Mac tower running Yosemite. Yesterday while…

Customer Question
Hi. We have a 2012...
Hi. We have a 2012 Mac tower running Yosemite. Yesterday while watching TV our internet was interrupted two or three times. When we went to the computer it was unexpectedly shut down. When we turned it back on asked us to log into iCloud using the previous owners email which means we do not have their password. We bought this computer from the previous owner which is my wife’s previous employer. When we reboot into administrator mode we can login using her current iCloud credentials. But when I then reboot back into my user mode which is where most of my information is it goes back to the previous owner iCloud. This is not been a problem until this internet spike or glitch that caused the computers to shut down. It wasn’t
a clock or electrical glitch. Also in my Google browser all of the new bookmarks disappeared. My wife: I don’t know how to get back to where I was two days ago. Then when I go into Time Machine it can’t find the back up drive now. It seems to have partially defaulted to where the computer system was set up when I bought it. Although, I think my new CC information where I bought the apps is current. Not sure how to do a partial fix of this or if it’s fixable. Can you help? Thank you.
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
Hi. Reply pls? Thanks.
Answered in 4 days by:
4/3/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Rachel-Mod, Moderator replied 3 months ago
Rachel-Mod
Rachel-Mod, Moderator
Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I am the category moderator.
I notice that your question has been sitting for a while without a response.
Are you still needing help with this matter?
Rachel-Moderator
pls
Thank you for getting back to me. I will most certainly open this up to our experts to assist you as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
Rachel-Moderator
Mac Support Specialist: Michael, Computer Software Engineer replied 3 months ago
Michael
Michael, Computer Software Engineer

Hi, My name is***** to JustAnswer.com. To make sure I don't miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Ok

Hi, Obviously you need to replace the employer's cloud id with yours so he gets out of the picture. Meaning you need to have the employer's password ***** Do you have access to the employer? If not do u know the information required to reset his password?

had you ever turned the tower off prior to this incident?

Checking. Back to you soon. Thanks.

ok.