Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I am a new apple user, and just got a SE phone. I set up my…

Customer Question
I am a new...

I am a new apple user, and just got a SE phone. I set up my apple i.d. and password; I'm trying to load apps thru the app store, and it asks for my password, but then says my account is locked for security reasons. it then redirects me either to email or security questions and both of those options re-direct me to re-set my password. I've reset my password ***** 10 times by now. I'm caught in a loop. HELP!

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Yesterday

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

That's it for now

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
3/30/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 3 months ago
Michael T

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your issue.

Please dont do this on your phone anymore or you will find yourself locked out completely

Do you have a computer you can use right now?

i'm on one now
no
Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 3 months ago

Ok I would like you to click HERE to change your password

Once in the account I need you to turn ON 2 step verification and also go through your security settings of your account

Once done

THEN

Sign into your phone with the new password

Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 3 months ago

Please ignore all premium offers, they are not from me, I cannot even see them and I am very sorry for them....

They are computer generated and I have no control over them

went to my settings page on my phone, clicked on password ***** security, nothing is happening
Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 3 months ago

Did you follow my directions above? Not enough time has passed for you to have done so

i followed your directions
Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 3 months ago

Ok so you went through you account settings ONLINE and made sure to turn on 2 step and you went through everything else including recovery methods etc?

Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 3 months ago

Ok thanks, ***** ***** than most people I get hahaha, nice job

Ok, on your phone

TAP SETTINGS

TAP YOUR NAME AT THE TOP

TAP ITUNES & APP STORE

TAP YOUR BLUE ID AT THE TOP

TAP VIEW APPLE ID

NOW SIGN IN

i did that and it now says my apple id is locked; this is the same loop that keeps on happening
I'm starting to think I got a bad phone; may end up going to the AT&T store and getting a new one
Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 3 months ago

Ok the correct password ***** have prevented that normally..Yes it is possible you got a bad phone BUT the software should still be taking your password. Does not make a whole lot of sense because you changed your password ***** EASE online so there is NO reason this should be happening my friend....

Thank you for your time, I'm going to take it to the store and exchange it; there is definitely a software loop problem with this phone. it's the only thing that makes sense. bye!
Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 3 months ago

Your welcome and yes that makes sense to me also

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating for my time today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today.

Thankyou