Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Iphoto not working. When I open it all I get is a circular…

iphoto not working. When...

iphoto not working. When I open it all I get is a circular clock like spin. software is 10.6.8.

Technician's Assistant: Which software or app can I help with?

Hardware Overview:Model Name: MacBook
Model Identifier: MacBook2,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.16 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 667 MHz
ipho Iphoto not working

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your software?

Clicked on updates, but updates found.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Tried to rebuild iphoto but it takes over 12 hrs and circular clock still spins,

3/31/2018
Josh, Mac Support

Hello:

I'm so very sorry it took so long for someone to offer assistance to you. My name is ***** ***** I've just come online and saw your question waiting. Before we start, can you please confirm if you still need assistance with your question? Thank you!

best to call cell phone so we can talk...easier to trouble shoot.
(###) ###-####thanks
Jim

Do you have the issue after restarting your computer?

Do you see any error codes?

iphoto quit unexpectedly error code. Comments on the error code are problem details and system configuration.
How can I send that report to you?

Which macOS do you have?

Mac OS X software is 10.6.8.

Go into the App store then Updates

Do you see an update for iPhoto?

There are many iphoto apps but no update.There is one that reads duplicate cleaner for iphoto
When I click up updates, no updates available for Apps.

Click on the GO Menu then Applications

Open iPhoto from there

Does it open now?

I don't understand, can't find the Go Menu...where is it?
Found it. It opens, but all I get is the spinnng wheel.
I have Iphoto version 9.2.3. Iphoto 11. I think this version maybe too new for my operating system...would this be the cause of the problem?

You have iPhoto 9.2.3 and iPhoto 11?

They are the same, the information appears when I click on about iphoto.
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. I see the previous expert has opened the question up to the rest of the experts. Are you still in need of assistance?

Let me read over the notes.

Justin, I've not had any responses or solution to the problem.
thanks

Let me look over your responses and I will try to help you with your issue.

Open the iPhoto's App holding the option key. If it comes up with an option to create a new album chose that one and let me know if it loads. If it does we just need to repair your iPhoto Library. Let me know the result and we will continue.

Hi Justin, thanks for quick response.
Choose creat new. Then screen shows save as Library_2 with where Pictures. Selected Save. Then it loads.The screen then reads: To get started with iphot , do any of the following:
Connect a camera or memory card
Drag photos into iPhoto
Choose File>"Import to Library"Thanks!
Then I dragged a photo into iphoto and it works. It shows when the photo was taken.

I am sorry for the length of time you have been waiting. With that in mind are you still in need of assistance?

Hi Josh, no worries.
Since you’re solution worked, I’m good to go.
Thanks for all your help.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!

Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius