Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Trying to upgrade to high sierra and I get 48% of the way…

Customer Question
Trying to upgrade to...

Trying to upgrade to high sierra and I get 48% of the way there then I get a log message: Disk doesn't appear to have a LVUUID.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

2011 circa macbook pro; 10.11.6 El Capitan

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your MacBook Pro? What have you tried so far?

I tried upgrading to high sierra twice and twice the same thing happened. I get 48% of the way there and I get the same error message

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/31/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Josh, Mac Support replied 4 months ago
Josh, Mac Support

Hello:

I'm so very sorry it took so long for someone to offer assistance to you. My name is ***** ***** I've just come online and saw your question waiting. Before we start, can you please confirm if you still need assistance with your question? Thank you!

I and I was charged the full $30 already and you guys haven't even tried to answer my question!
Please answer the question as I have been waiting almost a day for the answer and I have been charged $30 and haven't received any help yet.

That happens when system files are corrupt so we will need to repair them first before the upgrade.

Turn off your Mac.

Then turn it back on and immediately hold down Command and R keys at same time for 20 seconds and this will boot your Mac to the Mac OS Utilities screen. From there, click Disk Utility. Select your hard disk at left column (Macintosh HD or hard disk name). Then click Verify Disk (under First Aid). If asked to repair, click Repair Disk. Then click Repair Permission.

If you are using 10.11 El Capitan or later, then you will not see Repair Disk option in Disk Utility. Instead click First Aid button and run it. Repair if asked.