Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I can not get into my I cloud account because I can't

Customer Question
I can not get...

I can not get into my I cloud account because I can't remember my password. I would also like to change the e-mail address associated with the account

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

10 minutes ago

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No. Am not familiar with that option

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes. I need to change the e-mail address associated with the account

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
3/30/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 3 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

An icloud account is the same as an apple id account.

If you feel that you have forgotten your Apple ID password, please go to https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid and type in your Apple ID and continue. Apple will then provide you with an option to reset your password ***** by email, security questions, text message, etc.

As far as changing the apple id:

If your Apple ID ends with @icloud.com, @me.com, or @mac.com

If your Apple ID email address ends with @icloud.com, @me.com, or @mac.com, you can only change your email address to another @icloud.com, @me.com, or @mac.com email that's already associated with your account. Changing your email address will change the Apple ID that other people see when sharing with you and what Apple shows when referring to your account.

Use these steps on your Apple ID account page.

1. Go to appleid.apple.com and sign in.
  2. In the Account section, click Edit.
  3. Under your Apple ID, click Change Apple ID. Then you get a list of emails to choose from that you can use as your Apple ID. You can only use email addresses that are already associated with your account. To see these addresses, check Reachable At in the Account section of appleid.apple.com.
  4. Choose the one that you want to use as your Apple ID. You can only change your Apple ID to an @icloud.com, @me.com, or @mac.com email.
  5. Click Continue.

If your Apple ID is a third-party email address

Before you change your Apple ID email address, you need to sign out of every Apple service and device that uses your Apple ID. If you want to use your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to change your Apple ID, stay signed in to your Apple ID on just that device.

When you change your Apple ID, you can enter another third-party email address. Or you can enter an @icloud.com, @me.com, or @mac.com email address that's already associated with your account. To see these addresses, check Reachable At in the Account section of appleid.apple.com.

Use your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 10.3 or later

1. Go to Settings > [your name] > Name, Phone Numbers, Email.
  2. Next to Reachable At, tap Edit, then delete your current Apple ID.
  3. Tap Continue. Enter the Apple ID that you want to use.
  4. Tap Next.

Use your Apple ID account page

1. Go to appleid.apple.com and sign in.
  2. In the Account section, click Edit.
  3. Under your Apple ID, click Change Apple ID.
  4. Enter the Apple ID that you want to use.
  5. Click Continue.

If you enter a new Apple ID that ends with @icloud.com, @me.com, or @mac.com, you see a message to confirm. When you change your Apple ID to an @icloud.com, @me.com, or @mac.com account, you can't change it back to a third-party email account. Your former Apple ID that ends with a third-party email, becomes an additional email address for your Apple ID account.

If you try to change your Apple ID to an @icloud.com email address created within the last 30 days, you might be asked to try again later.

Verify your new email

If you change your Apple ID to another third-party email address, you need to verify your account.

After you enter the email address that you want to use as your Apple ID, a verification code is sent to you at that address. Enter the verification code from the email into the fields provided and start using your updated Apple ID. Didn't get the email?

If you have any questions along the way, please let me know.

Please consider rating my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.