Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Trying to clear my history on my iPad and it won’t let me…

Customer Question
Hi. Trying to clear...

Hi. Trying to clear my history on my iPad and it won’t let me clear history; it’s grayed out

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

Windows

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

Calling apple. Got frustrated was on the line too long. Been happening for about 2days

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No. Thanks

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
3/30/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 3 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

Trying this on your ipad:

• Open Settings
  • touch general
  • touch restrictions
  • enter restrictions passcode
  • Scroll down and tap on Websites under the ALLOWED CONTENT section.
  • Select All Websites

Once this is done you can try and go back to settings/safari and see if the "clear history and website data" is still grayed out or not.

If you have any questions along the way, please let me know.

Please consider rating my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.