Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I can’t do any updates a message pops up saying verification…

Customer Question
Hi I can’t do...

Hi I can’t do any updates a message pops up saying verification required. Tap continue and sign into view billing info

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

iPad 2 I think the model number is *****

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

About three days now. I called the carrier thinking it was a data issue, that’s not it. I’ve also tried removed Facebook and thought if I re load that would help but it didn’t. I have also removed iTunes from my computer and iPad..now I have 18 apps to update and they all come up w same message

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/30/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Eric Ewing, IT Pro replied 4 months ago
Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing, IT Pro

Hi! I'm Eric, a Mac expert who's been paired with you through JustAnswer.com. I'm reviewing your question now, and will return w/ an answer soon!

Hi Eric. Thank you

Good evening! This issue pops up when Apple's tried to bill something to the credit card you have on file, and is unable to do so for any reason. The fix is the re-enter your credit card information that is on-file (one "gotcha" in this process is that you sometimes have to enter a different card number than the one they currently have on-file, and then re-enter your current card number if you'd prefer to keep using the same one...it's an annoying bug on Apple's part).

To update your credit card information using your iPad:

1. Go to Settings > [your name] > Payment & Shipping.
  2. Tap Payment Method, then edit your payment details. If you want to remove your payment method or change to a different payment method, scroll to the bottom of the Payment Details screen and tap Change Payment Method. Then select None or a different payment method.
  3. Make sure your name and billing address exactly match the information on file with your financial institution. Then tap Save.

That should do it! Let me know if you run into any issues or have additional questions.

Hello! Just quickly checking back in to make sure your issue is now resolved? When you have the chance, would you kindly let me know? Thanks so much for using JustAnswer.com!

Hi Eric yes the issue is good. But now I have iTunes charges that were applied from old apps with subscriptions that I don’t want to renew. So can I figure out a way to unsubscribe and get refunded on these apps?

Absolutely! Apple hasn't built any links to problem reporting/refund requests into the iTunes Store or App Store apps, but here's how to do it:

1. Launch Mail from your Home screen.
  2. Search for "Your receipt from Apple" if it's not immediately visible.
  3. Tap on the receipt for the purchase your want refunded. (Unless you remember the date, there's no way to tell which receipt is which unless you tap it to open it, so you might end up tapping a lot...)
  4. Tap Report a Problem next to the purchase you want to report. You will be redirected to Apple's problem reports page.
  5. Enter your Apple ID and password ***** prompted.

6. Tap Choose Problem and select a problem from the menu.
  7. Enter details for your problem, then tap Submit.

Alternatively, you can request a refund using any web browser.

1. Go to Apple's problem reports page: http://reportaproblem.apple.com/
  2. Login with your Apple ID user name (typically your email address) and password.
  3. Select the appropriate tab—all, music, movies, TV shows, apps, or books.

4. Select Report a Problem to the right of the purchase you want a refund for.
  5. Click on Choose Problem and select your problem from the menu.
  6. Enter details about your problem and then click Submit.

You should hear back from Apple within a few days to a week with whether your request for a refund is approved.

Then, to stop future billing:

1. Access Settings in the home of your device;
  2. Scroll down and tap iTunes Store and AppStore;
  3. Tap your e-mail and Apple ID, View Apple ID and enter your password;
  4. Now, tap Subscription - Manage and select the subscription you'd like to cancel;
  5. Turn off the auto-renewal option and tap Done.