Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I don't have a password. I have an ipad. Nothing ,I don't…

Customer Question
I don't have a...

I don't have a password.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

I have an ipad

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

Nothing ,I don't know where to go.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes.. I found an old password. Can you be able to tell me if it's it ?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/29/2018
Mac Support Specialist: John T. F., Apple Consultant replied 4 months ago
John T. F., Apple Consultant

Hello! I will work to provide accurate advice. Give me a minute to read your submission.

If Secure Remote Assistance is offered, please ignore it.

To clarify; is this concerning the stand alone 4/6 digit passcode to unlock the device OR is it the password ***** the Apple ID?

Are you going to answer or to I have to pay more money ?
Hello... is this a rip off ?

Excuse me but I'm waiting for you to answer my question.

Sorry. What was the question again ?

Is this concerning the stand alone 4/6 digit passcode to unlock the device OR is it the password ***** the Apple ID?

No just a lost password.

For which service?

I'm sorry what do you mean ? I have an apple iPad that's probably 5 years old

I asked you if it was the passcode to unlock the iPad or the password ***** your Apple ID and you said "no".

that's right.

Ok, if it's not one of those that I mentioned then I need you to tell me what the password ***** ***** for...

Shouldn't I have a password ***** an apple account ? I was just going through all my passwords and I didn't have one for apple

The only password ***** should have for Apple would be for the Apple ID I previously mentioned. It's the account you use for the iTunes and App Store and also for iCloud.

If you do not know this password ***** can reset it.

Your email address is normally used as the username for your Apple ID. You should be able to reset your password ***** a computer using the site:

http://iforgot.apple.com/

1) Enter your Apple ID and click Continue. (If you have forgotten your Apple ID, click the option to “look it up” on that same page and supply the requested info. Then, once you have the ID, return to reset the password ***** needed.)

NOTE: If you are asked to confirm your trusted phone number, or asked for a “Recovery Key”, AND you also have a Mac, iPhone, or iPad using the SAME Apple ID where you can currently access the home screen, STOP and let me know - otherwise continue.

2) Select the option to reset your password. Choose how to reset your password:

• select "Answer security questions" to answer your stored security questions and then follow the rest of the steps.
  • select "Get an email" to receive an email you can use to reset your password.

3) Once you have the Apple ID and have reset the password, test out that it is working properly by signing into the Apple ID management site: https://appleid.apple.com/

While signed in, it's a good idea to verify that all other details are current and correct.

4) You should restart all your Apple devices before signing in with the new password.

If you still have concerns, don’t negatively rate my answer, just reply back and let me know. I'll be happy to advise you further. When finished, please give a positive rating so I can be credited for my assistance. You are judging my personal service only (not this website, the price, or your issue) and high ratings assure I remain in good standing.

Thanks and good luck,

I'm done.. I'm not understanding all you saying. I'm 83 years old and just like to play on my iPad. When I ask for help I didn't know I had to pay 25.00. I live on a fixed income. I've been retired from D R since 1977. Please refund my money I got nothing out of this.. and not his fault so much as I didn't get what he was trying to tell me. Please refund my 25.00. Thanks Mara Jo Maxwell.

I'd be happy to talk you through any step you do not understand.

I am not an employee of JustAnswer and do not have access to your account details to handle financial requests of this nature.

You can access http://ww2.justanswer.com/help for account help or contact customer service directly via***@******.*** with any financial concerns.

If you change your mind I am here to assist.

Thanks,