Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Every time I start up my computer it asks for my "I-Cloud…

Customer Question
Every time I start...

Every time I start up my computer it asks for my "I-Cloud Password" and will not go away until I click the question twice. I think that I have all of my pictures in I-Cloud but I am not sure:

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I am not sure and i have no idea what my password *****?

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No. I have no idea what that is either!!

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Only that I am relatively new to the Mac scene

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mac
Just let me know how I can reset my i-cloud password ***** why it might be so important. Please reply by my e-mail
3/29/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Bryan, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 months ago
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello, and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you today.

Could you let me know what is your Apple/iCloud email address?

It is "*****@******.***"

One moment; looking up the account now.

Please let me know your full phone number ending with -77; thank you.

OK, I have sent a password ***** prompt to your iPhone now; could you check and let me know?

Please let me know if you were able to reset the iCloud password ***** the prompt on your iPhone now. Thank you,

I am sorry but I do not work too well from my iPhone. Too fiddly and laborious. You have not told me why I need to do all of this. What is the point and why do i need to pay $39 to find out the answer to a simple question.

Please ignore any offer shown on this page; it's sent at the site's end and not by me.

Now, I just sent a password ***** prompt for your iCloud account to your iPhone (it is not possible to send to any other device); once you follow the prompt to reset the iCloud password, you will be able to sign in to the account when prompted on your computer. Once you do that, you will never be prompted with the iCloud prompt again.

Could you check and let me know if you got the prompt on your iPhone now?

I certainly received your messages but I do not seem to be able to bring back up the prompts maybe it would be better to send the prompt again

OK, no issues; kindly stand by.

OK, I have sent you another message on the iPhone now; could you check and let me know?

I have received your last message but no instructions as to how I can change my password ***** what it will achieve.

Let me open up your question to our other experts who will be able to assist further; you will be automatically notified by email when another expert picks this up.

OK Bryan. Thanks for your help. I am going to lunch now, but will look forward to further contact later.
Mac Support Specialist: Josh, Mac Support replied 2 months ago
Josh, Mac Support

Hello:

I'm so very sorry it took so long for someone to offer assistance to you. My name is ***** ***** I've just come online and saw your question waiting. Before we start, can you please confirm if you still need assistance with your question? Thank you!

Hi Josh
My question seemed to be so simple. Perhaps too simple for you guys who are so computer literate, My inability to provide an I-Cloud password ***** not seem to have caused irrevocable problems so lets give it up.

OK thank you