Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have 2 apple tvs and they both crash at least 2-3 times a…

Customer Question
I have 2 apple...

I have 2 apple tvs and they both crash at least 2-3 times a week

Technician's Assistant: What apps were you running right before your Apple device crashed?

None, they seem to crash overnight and I end up restarting when i sit down to watch

Technician's Assistant: How much storage do you have left on your device?

No Idea

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
3/29/2018
Mac Support Specialist: syseng, Systems Engineer replied 3 months ago
syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

When you say "crash" do you mean lockup or complete shutdown?

Also, are both connected to the same power circuit?

The light starts blinking and it has to be restarted and no they are in different parts of the house

Ok thanks. If the Apple TVs were on the same circuit the issue could be related to power anomalies. In this case it is more likely a software issue that appears to have been triggered by recent updates. Since there are no updates offered to fix this issue right now I am going to open up this question to other experts that may have additional ideas.

Thank you
Mac Support Specialist: Edward Dorsey,
 replied 3 months ago
Edward Dorsey

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I am one of the Experts with JustAnswer.com. How are you today? Hopefully, I can assist you with an answer. Please remember to rate my answer(s) before you leave the session today, and remember it is my answer(s) to your specific question here you are rating and nothing else. I would also like a chance to respond again if you feel that the answers need a followup before you rate it. I will respond to that request as soon as possible after I'm notified. In the end, if you are satisfied with my answer(s), please rate me as between 3-5 stars and click Submit at the top of the page. I will then receive credit for helping you. Thanks.

Mac Support Specialist: Edward Dorsey,
 replied 3 months ago

Bring it in for repair to you local Apple Store. Find a local Apple Authorized Service Provider or make a reservation at the Genius Bar. https://getsupport.apple.com/

Mac Support Specialist: Edward Dorsey,
 replied 3 months ago

Especially if you have already tried to Restore your Apple TV to its factory settings, they may offer a swap replacement at a reduced cost depending on the version, just a thought.