Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have received numerous notices someone is buying software…

Customer Question
I have received numerous...

I have received numerous notices someone is buying software using my Apple ID. I keep trying to send these notices back to Apple to explain I have not ordered anything in months. What can I do?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I don't remember but brought my computer to an Apple certified dealer to fix it after the motherboard went out while I was in Mexico. Since I got it back these messages have been coming frequently.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

NO How do I do it

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
3/29/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Russell H., Long-time Computer Expert replied 3 months ago
Russell H., Long-time Computer Expert

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your Apple ID question.

If the email notices are coming in numerously, you may have a case of spam email, or faked or phishing emails.

Try changing the password ***** your Apple ID... that should stop any activity by any other person using it. *If* any other person is really using it.

Examine the emails: are they all from the same From: address? or are they from a scramble of different addresses? and are the From addresses rather less than 'regular' looking, e.g. [email protected] ... and so forth, rather than something businesslike such as '*****@******.***' ? if they are not businesslike, they are almost certainly spam emails and completely fake, to try to trick you into something.

Now, also, even if the From address on the emails looks regular, are the emails trying to persuade you to do something? submit information? click on links in the email? if 'yes', then they are quite probably fake/spam/phishing scam emails.

Regrettably many 'people' fake emails. I feel that is quite possibly the case, in this case, esp. if your bank accounts aren't being charged, nor anything like that, on a check of your accounts (NOT through any means in the emails.... emails from fakers and scammers often have deceptive links in them, which you should not click upon.)

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.