Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have desk top Mac that gives me need chain link login I…

Customer Question
I have desk top...

I have desk top Mac that gives me need chain link login I have powered off and tried to cancel with no avail how do y’all fix it don’t want it

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Last week

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

I can’t open the Mac can I do this on a I phone

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No thank you

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
3/29/2018
Mac Support Specialist: syseng, Systems Engineer replied 3 months ago
syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

To reset the password ***** your Mac do the following:

Turn off your Mac (choose Apple > Shut Down).
Press the power button while holding down Command-R. The Mac will boot into Recovery mode. When you see the load bar appear you can let go of the keys. It may take a few minutes to load.
Select Disk Utility and press Continue.
Choose Utilities > Terminal.
Enter resetpassword (all one word, lowercase letters) and press Return
Select the volume containing the account (normally this will be your Main hard drive).
Choose the account to change with Select the User Account.
Enter a new password ***** re-enter it into the password *****
Enter a new password ***** related to the password.
Click Save.
A warning will appear that the password ***** changed, but not the Keychain Password. Click OK.
Click Apple > Shut Down.
Now start up the Mac. You can login using the new password.

Note if you are prompted for your Apple ID and password ***** don't have your password ***** the following to recovery your Apple ID account and password:

Go to your Apple ID account page at the link below and click "Forgot Apple

ID or password." If asked to confirm your phone number, use steps for two-

factor authentication instead.

https://appleid.apple.com/#!&page=signin

Enter your Apple ID.

Select the option to reset your password, then choose Continue and follow

the rest of the steps as prompted.

Please let me know the result and if you need further assistance.

Do you still need assistance?