Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I found my daughters old ipad. she says I can have it. its…

Customer Question
I found my daughters...

I found my daughters old ipad. she says I can have it. its findmyphone locked. I don't know the apple id is.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Its been years. she doesn't use apple anymore.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No, do I need the apple id for that?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
3/29/2018
Mac Support Specialist: syseng, Systems Engineer replied 3 months ago
syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

Once you reset the Apple ID password, you can login to iCloud to regain access to the iPad.

Go to your Apple ID account page at the link below and click "Forgot Apple

ID or password." If asked to confirm your phone number, use steps for two-

factor authentication instead.

https://appleid.apple.com/#!&page=signin

Enter your Apple ID.

Select the option to reset your password, then choose Continue and follow

the rest of the steps as prompted.

Then click the following link to access iCloud and clear any lockouts:

click here

Please let me know the result and if you need further assistance.

Do you still need assistance?