Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I forgot my Apple ID. How do I set up a new one. Never I…

Customer Question
I forgot my Apple...

I forgot my Apple ID. How do I set up a new one

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Never I forgot my original one

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No how do I do that

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No thx for helping

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mac
3/28/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 2 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

You can always create a new apple id account but keep in mind that that also means that any apps that you have downloaded or purchase will not show up on this new account. Also, anything you had saved in your icloud space would also be gone as well. Setting up a new apple id is really like starting all over.

If you would like to keep your apple id account the same instead of creating a new one then you can just try and reset your apple id password.

If you feel that you have forgotten your Apple ID password, please go to https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid and type in your Apple ID and continue. Apple will then provide you with an option to reset your password ***** by email, security questions, text message, etc.

Then once you have the password ***** you can try and sign into the Apple device. If it does not work right away, you can try and restart the Apple device and make sure you are connected to wifi.