Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I just got an email saying my apple account password was…

Customer Question
Hi I just got...

Hi I just got an email saying my apple account password ***** reset. But i didn't reset it. It has a link going to an "apple" site where it wants me to put in all my info, i.e. BD SS# *****#. Is this legit. Can I check somehow if my password ***** really reset?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

It's been a while

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Before or after the email I got at 4pm?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
3/29/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Russell H., Long-time Computer Expert replied 3 months ago
Russell H., Long-time Computer Expert

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your Apple computer question.

That is almost certainly not legitimate. Can you tell me, what URL shows in the Address field for that page? I can tell you more about the page from that - *if* it were legitimate (which I am pretty sure it isn't!) I could tell you what page it is and what it is for.

If this notice arrived in an email, it is a phishing scam, and you should not enter your data.

As for checking on your password... close that page. And try using your Apple ID password ***** some commonplace purpose... if it still works as it once did, it has not been changed, and the scam is confirmed as a scam, pure and simple (and not at all good, if I need to add that also.)

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.