Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

All of a sudden, it is demanding the password and when I…

Customer Question
All of a sudden...

All of a sudden, it is demanding the password ***** when I give it, it just ignores it and keeps asking. I do know the password ***** heart and if not it is on the home page of my I-Pad

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

Good question. Where do I find that out?

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

It just happened when I noticed that there was an upgrade to IOS 11 on my I-Pad. two days ago. Tried to download the IOS 11 but the icon just goes around and doesn't seem to produce any results no matter how long I leave it on. But it also could be because it isn't on Wi-Fi.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Not sure why I would need a MAC expert but you surely know more than I do.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
3/28/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 3 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

If it seems like the iPad is ignoring the password ***** that means it thinks it is not correct. However, you mentioned that you may not be on wifi so I would make sure you are connected to wifi before you try again. If that still does not work then you will want to reset your apple id password.

To check what wifi network you are on just in case you are not sure you can go to settings/wifi and see if the network wifi name has been select automatically. If not you can select it from the list and enter the wifi password.

If you need to reset your password ***** can go to https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid and type in your Apple ID and continue. Apple will then provide you with an option to reset your password ***** by email, security questions, text message, etc.

If you have any questions along the way, please let me know.

Please consider rating my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.

I did what you asked and still when I selected the name of my Wi-Fi mobile hotspot, it asked for the password, which as I say is right on the face of the hotspot and put it in and the answer was the same, a ask for the password. I assure you mean the password ***** the hotspot that gives me my Internet.
the command says: Enter the password ***** "ATT W IFI
The message says: Enter the password ***** ATT-WIFI-5165. So I put in the password:(###) ###-#### No result except the same message again. How are you going to connect to my I-Pad if I can't get WIFI on it

Well, if it is a mobile hotspot that could be adding to the issue if you are not even able to connect to that hotspot. The best scenario would be to connect to any other local main wifi like at a hotel, restaurant, pub, coffee place, etc as most listed have a free wifi service. If you go there and connect to their wifi and see if your apple id and password ***** work. It could be 2 issues happening here. One is that your wifi hotspot is not working properly. The second issue is possibly your apple id password ***** ***** but I am leaning more towards an internet connection issue instead.

Please ignore any offers for remote assist as those are automated and not sent by me personally. Plus, in this case we can not remote into mobile devices anyways so we can chat through these messages instead.

If you are not able to use any other wif currently try restarting or shutdown/power on your hotspot and try again. But I would highly recommend trying a wifi connection that we know for sure works and that would be at one of the places mentioned before. Because then and only then if you are able to connect to another wifi ok and your apple id works you know that the problem is your hotspot device.

No you didn’t. Tried everything that you mentioned.Nothing worked. Still not fixed. I cannot get wi-fi on my I-Pad. I don’t seem to be able to explain it so you understand. It is not an APPlle matter, it is a my I-Pad problem.

I will go ahead and open this up to other experts that may be able to remote in for assistance at this time.

Mac Support Specialist: Mike, Mac Medic replied 3 months ago
Mike, Mac Medic

Hi this is Mike. Did you restart the iPad? Can you connect to that same Wifi with other devices?