Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Annoying pop-ups at the start up of the computer. MacBook…

Annoying pop-ups at the...

Annoying pop-ups at the start up of the computer.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

MacBook Air

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your MacBook Air? What have you tried so far?

For awhile now; I have been a little worried to attempt anything at this time.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No sir. No ma'am Sorry

3/28/2018
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

It is possible that your Mac is infected with adware/malware. What vesion of macOS are you using?

Ashik, Mac Technician
I am not sure. 10.13.3

Follow the steps below to start secure remote support session.

If you are talking to me from your Mac now, then just click this link -> https://www.fastsupport.com/471415007

If not, open www.fastsupport.com on your computer. Enter your name and enter this code --> 471415007

Follow the onscreen instructions to connect. An application named GotoAssist opener will be downloaded. Then open the GotoAssist opener file you see there and then open the GotoAssist opener application. You can also open it from Downloads. Open GotoAssist opener file. Allow permission to connect or Join session if asked.

(If you don't see the downloaded GotoAssist opener file, then click on the Finder icon on dock, then click on Go menu and select Downloads. This will bring Downloads folder. Now you see a file named GotoAssist opener file there. Double click on it to open)

Let me know if you have any difficulty connecting to me.

Hi, Ashik. It worked; I did not have any of those pop-ups at start up.

Great! Now, open Safari, click on Safari menu and select Preferences. Click on Search tab and set Google there.

Also, click on General tab and you can set the home page to any page you want like www.google.com www.apple.com etc

And remember, these malware disguises as system apps or genuine apps like Flash player., cleaners etc So make sure you don't install anything from internet that you don't trust. Also, ignore any offers to install flash player, cleaners, maintenance apps etc