Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My phone shut off last night and it will not charge, no buzz…

Customer Question
My phone shut off...

My phone shut off last night and it will not charge, no buzz when plugged into charger. just black. held down both the home button and off swtich. left it on charger all night, bought a new charger today. still black. no nothing.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?

It is an iphone 6s

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

Started last night when the battery went dead. I tried charging it but it never charged, buzzed nothing. Then I held the home button and on/off switch down together for 2 min. Bought a new charger to see if was the charger and nothing happened

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

Just got this phone new in Dec, 2017

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
3/28/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Cabletech, Computer Support Specialist replied 3 months ago
Cabletech
Cabletech, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and welcome! I would be happy to assist today with your question.

Give me just a moment while I review the information provided.

I'm sorry to hear about your iPhone not charging. Does it make a difference if you wiggle the charging cable any? I know you've bought a new one so I know it's not the charging cable, but wondered if you can get it to make the chime that it is charging even if it doesn't hold the charging cable.