Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I got an email from what looks like an iCloud subscription…

Customer Question
I got an email...

I got an email from what looks like an iCloud subscription renewel for Spotify music for &69.99 every three months. I canceled the renewal. But they asked for my social security number and my bank info. I provided that info. Now I’m regretting that I did. I don’t remember ordering this subscription. I feel like my personal information may be compromised. I am considering closing my checking account today. What should I do about this. Concerned, Dan ********(###) ###-####

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your Apple device?

How do I check this

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Which lights are solid and which are blinking on your router?

I’m on my phone away from my residence

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Can you confirm that this cancellation of my Spotify was legitimate

Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: Mac
3/28/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech replied 24 days ago
Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech

I'm sorry about the issue. That was a scam. It was a fake email message. Apple / iCloud / Spotify and any legitimate company would never ask for your personal / sensitive information, such as social security number, bank account, credit card account, password, etc. via email. Yes, please ask your bank to cancel your current bank account number and make a new one for you, and please contact the 3 credit bureaus to place a fraud alert on your credit file. Please click on the website below for full details:

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/what-to-do-ssn-stolen,news-18742.html

In the future, please always ignore any email or phone call that you do not know or that you are not expecting.

- Do you have any further question?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

Do you have any further question?

Mac Support Specialist: Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech replied 22 days ago

Do you still need help with this and/or with anything else?

Mac Support Specialist: Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech replied 18 days ago

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech