Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My old password has not been working. I asked to change the…

My old password *****...

My old password ***** not been working. I asked to change the password ***** 12:13:58 AM March 27 (yesterday) and was told I would get instructions today at that time (12:13:58 AM). Please help me.

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

My iTunes sign in on my computer and on my iPod and iPad

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update iTunes?

I don't remember exactly.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your iTunes?

I tried accessing the "forgot Apple ID or password?" on the Sign in to the iTunes Store window.

3/28/2018
John T. F., Apple Consultant

Hello! I will work to provide accurate advice. Give me a minute to read your submission.

If Secure Remote Assistance is offered, please ignore it.

Your email address is normally used as the username for your Apple ID. You should be able to reset your password ***** a computer using the site:

http://iforgot.apple.com/

1) Enter your Apple ID and click Continue. (If you have forgotten your Apple ID, click the option to “look it up” on that same page and supply the requested info. Then, once you have the ID, return to reset the password ***** needed.)

NOTE: If you are asked to confirm your trusted phone number, or asked for a “Recovery Key”, AND you also have a Mac or an iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch using the SAME Apple ID where you can currently access the home screen, STOP and let me know - otherwise continue.

2) Select the option to reset your password. Choose how to reset your password:

• select "Answer security questions" to answer your stored security questions and then follow the rest of the steps.
  • select "Get an email" to receive an email you can use to reset your password.

3) Once you have the Apple ID and have reset the password, test out that it is working properly by signing into the Apple ID management site: https://appleid.apple.com/

While signed in, it's a good idea to verify that all other details are current and correct.

4) You should restart all your Apple devices before signing in with the new password.

If you still have concerns, don’t negatively rate my answer, just reply back and let me know. I'll be happy to advise you further. When finished, please give a positive rating so I can be credited for my assistance. You are judging my personal service only (not this website, the price, or your issue) and high ratings assure I remain in good standing.

Thanks and good luck,

I tried step 1 and got the result that you would inform me by my trusted phone in 11 hours

Ok, do you have a Mac, iPhone, or iPad using this same ID where you can access the home screen?

not at this time
What can you do?

Ok. Your account is protected by Two-factor Authentication. Unfortunately, without access to a device logged into iCloud using this ID there is no way to speed up account recovery due to security reasons.

Can you tell me how to log into iCloud with either my iPod or my iPad?

The iPad would had to have been previously signed into iCloud with this ID at some point. If it has been, you can try this:

tap Settings

tap [Your user name] (OR, for iOS 10.2 or earlier, tap iCloud > [your name])

tap Password & Security

tap Change Password

If you aren't already signed in to iCloud. Open Settings and tap "Sign in to your [device]" > "Don’t have an Apple ID or forgot it" and follow along. (OR, for iOS 10.2 or earlier, tap iCloud > “Forgot Apple ID or Password” then follow along)

If it only asks for password ***** enter an incorrect password ***** times and it should prompt to reset it.

I seem to be working just fine. Thank You

You are very welcome!

When the current question has been answered to your satisfaction, please remember to rate my personal assistance accordingly when you get a moment. However, if you have any further questions on this topic, please let me know at any time.

John T. F., Apple Consultant
I believe we can finish this