Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Black screen with lines running through it, and it flickers.

Customer Question
Black screen with lines...

Black screen with lines running through it, and it flickers

Technician's Assistant: When was the last time you updated the Operating System (OS) on your Apple device?

I managed to get it done through the flickering so its up to date

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I cant read the serial number on the back its to small

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
3/28/2018
Mac Support Specialist: cvd4311, Computer Analyst replied 3 months ago
cvd4311
cvd4311, Computer Analyst

Which device is flickering? You can find the serial number to your device if you go to Settings- General- About- then go down to Version.

Also sounds like a hardware issue with the black screen and flickering lines.

Not sure how old it is but you will need to take it into the Apple store if it is an Apple device etc to get it replaced. If it is under warranty there is no charge unless you have a deductible. If it is an apple device and it is an ipad and not under warranty then apple will charge you between 249.00 and 279.00 for a new device (if its an ipad).

Good Morning, do you still need help with this ticket?

If not please RATE 4 starts or above and I will close the ticket.

Do you still need help on this question?

If not please RATE 4 stars or above and I will close the ticket.