Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have a brand new iPad pro device and I really need to

I have a brand...

I have a brand new iPad pro device and I really need to start over with setup but I am locked out of the iPad

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I just set it up this evening but at the beginning when I was asked if I wanted to use prior settings I chose to setup my email address not realizing apple would say it's already taken

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No where do I find that?

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No that's everything. Thank you

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/28/2018
Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech

I'm sorry about the issue. On your iPad, please press and hold both the Power (On / Off) button and the Home button (which is located right below the screen) together for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears, then wait a bit, then check.

- Does that do anything? What's showing on your iPad's screen now?

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.

Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech
It says iPad is disabled for 15 minutes

Thank you. First, do you also have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac computer? And/or what's the make / model of your computer?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

It's an iPad pro. Do you want serial number?

No, besides the new iPad Pro, do you also have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac computer? And/or what's the make / model of your computer?

I have a ASUS computer

Thank you. On your computer, please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely, then I can fix your iPad directly through your computer for you:

https://tinyurl.com/ydaafn3d
, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you,

1. On your computer, click on the website below in order to connect remotely with me, then I can help you directly:

https://tinyurl.com/ydaafn3d
, then click on Open or Run (or save) if prompted.
2. Then press at the same time the two keys Ctrl and J on the keyboard, then the Downloads window should open.
3. Then there, open / run the item called Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client and install it.
; (If needed, double-click on the item Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client and ope

The computer says it did not find results for that link

Do not type the website, but click on the website.

https://tinyurl.com/ydaafn3d
; (If needed, double-click on the item Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client and open / run / install it.)
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Ok I'm being prompted to chat online now

Connected, working on issue, thanks.

Ok thanks

You're welcome.

We were working on the issue, but your computer / internet got disconnected. Please continue the restore process. If it does not work, please try:

1. Open the iTunes program icon on your computer, and cancel / close any passcode lock error message in the iTunes program on the computer.

2. Connect the iPad to your computer with the iPad's USB cable.
3. On the iPad, press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time.
4. After 11 seconds, release the Power button, but continue holding the Home button for about another 10 seconds until the iTunes program detect the iPad in the recovery mode.

5. Select option Restore...

6. Continue with the steps.

- You can click on the small circle icon (or small down arrow icon) at the upper right corner in the iTunes program on the computer in order to see the progress.
- Note: The Power button is located at the top side of the iPad, and the Home button is located right below the iPad's screen.

Ok I will do that.

OK, thanks.