Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

It won’t let me add my card onto my Apple ID. It says

Customer Question
It won’t let me...

It won’t let me add my card onto my Apple ID

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

It says invalid payment method

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Apple device? What have you tried so far?

I have the 6Splus and it’s on IOS 11.2.6 I think. It’s up to date. It just started today. I have tried restarting my phone, re-entering then payment method but I still got that same result

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No that’s all I need help with

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
3/28/2018
Mac Support Specialist: John T. F., Apple Consultant replied 3 months ago
John T. F., Apple Consultant

Hello! I will work to provide accurate advice. Give me a minute to read your submission.

If Secure Remote Assistance is offered, please ignore it.

It will likely be easiest to update info from a computer.

You can do so by signing into the Apple ID management site:

https://appleid.apple.com/

Once signed in, scroll down to "Payment & shipping" and click "Edit" at the right side of the screen.

Also, browse the rest of the personal information shown on screen and verify it is all correct. Make any changes as needed.

Once completed, the payment information should updated almost immediately for all Apple-related services. You may need to restart your devices depending on what was updated.