Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I was sent a 6 digit authentication code earlier to start an…

Customer Question
I was sent a...

I was sent a 6 digit authentication code earlier to start an update on my ipad. It is now asking to reenter that code..which i don't have anymore. How do I get that code again?

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

Hmm..I was just updating it.I have no idea

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

30 minutes. it won't let me do anything until i enter that 3 digit code.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Meant 6 digit code. just need to recover that code or get another one issued so I can complete the update

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
3/28/2018
Mac Support Specialist: John T. F., Apple Consultant replied 3 months ago
John T. F., Apple Consultant

Hello! I will work to provide accurate advice. Give me a minute to read your submission.

If Secure Remote Assistance is offered, please ignore it.

To clarify; what screen are you on currently and what is the exact text on screen?

the only thing on the page is; Verify Your Identity
enter verfication code
XXXXXX
no thank you ill call them tomorrow

Do you have any other Apple devices?

nevermind!

Ok. If you change your mind, I am here to assist.