Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

How to reset booting password on macbook pro. Sorry I can't…

Customer Question
How to reset booting...

How to reset booting password ***** macbook pro

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Sorry I can't remember

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No I didn't

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Nothing else just help me to boot my laptop

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/28/2018
Mac Support Specialist: syseng, Systems Engineer replied 4 months ago
syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

If you cannot login to your Mac, do the following to reset your password ***** login:

Turn off your Mac (choose Apple > Shut Down).
Press the power button while holding down Command-R. The Mac will boot into Recovery mode. When you see the load bar appear you can let go of the keys. It may take a few minutes to load.
Select Disk Utility and press Continue.
Choose Utilities > Terminal.
Enter resetpassword (all one word, lowercase letters) and press Return
Select the volume containing the account (normally this will be your Main hard drive).
Choose the account to change with Select the User Account.
Enter a new password ***** re-enter it into the password *****
Enter a new password ***** related to the password.
Click Save.
A warning will appear that the password ***** changed, but not the Keychain Password. Click OK.
Click Apple > Shut Down.
Now start up the Mac. You can login using the new password.

Do you still need assistance?