Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My ‘’ key won’t work on my keyboard. I’m not sure... I

My ‘b’ key won’t...

My ‘b’ key won’t work on my keyboard

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

I’m not sure... I always try and stay updated: additionally, the letter b is part of my password ***** I am sending this from my iPhone

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

.. a few other letters also do the same..... but not as often

3/28/2018
Pete, Computer Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Are you using a wired or wireless keyboard?

Can you see a model number anywhere on the keyboard?

MacBook Air

Ok, so it is a built-in keyboard.

Can you see any debris under the B button on your MacBookAir?

Can you carefully lift the button up and clean under it using a vacuum cleaner?

If you attach an external keyboard does the B button work ok?

I have already used compressed air ....
I do not have a remote keyboard
I took the tip of my knife and raised up the key just a bit; there are 3 lights... but one is not as bright as another key I looked at...

Ok, then the MacBook will require a repair to replace the keyboard if cleaning did not work.

Thanks

You are welcome :)
Pete.

--------------------

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.

Pete.

--------------------

Pete, Computer Engineer