Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

It got disable due to too many wrong passcodes so we got it…

Customer Question
Ok it got disable...

Ok it got disable due to too many wrong passcodes so we got it factory reset and should just put Apple ID in but it keeps saying it’s wrong and it has an activation lock message which also says this device requires a password ***** it’s owner has link

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Sorry it’s owner has it linked to their Apple ID through find my iPad so hope you can help it’s been months now I’ve bn trying to sort this for my daughter. Thank u so much : )

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

I changed it today on the off chance I’m entering it wrong

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No I haven’t heard of that? No that’s it

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mac
3/28/2018
Mac Support Specialist: John T. F., Apple Consultant replied 2 months ago
John T. F., Apple Consultant

Hello! I will work to provide accurate advice. Give me a minute to read your submission.

If Secure Remote Assistance is offered, please ignore it.

It may be easiest to remove it from Find My iPhone if you are sure it's under the correct ID.

follow these steps to remove the device from your account:

======

Sign in to iCloud.com with your Apple ID.

1. go to Find My iPhone on the website.
  2. Click All Devices at the top of the screen.
  3. Select the device to be removed from iCloud.
  4. If possible, click Erase [device].
  5. Click Remove from Account.

Next, while still signed in to iCloud.com with your Apple ID.

1. Go to Settings on the website and then look at the My Devices section.
  2. In the list of devices, click the one you want to remove
  3. Click the Delete button next to the device. If you don’t see the Delete button, click Remove Device (below the device’s serial or IMEI number).

Then you can set it up again.

Thanks it did several times had to get my husbands credit card from him then it still said my Apple ID is wrong personally think the shop I bought it from should sort it it’s a refurbished one only bought in November, thanx for your other response hope it works as I’m doing this from an iPad we don’t have a computer but did previously have an Apple Mac, also just quickly I did put the credit card over to get that free trial of help but couldn’t complete it as it said my Apple ID was still wrong it won’t bill me next month will it?

Is your iPad using the same Apple ID as the disabled device?