Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Screen is locked. an icon to turn on location will not

Customer Question
Screen is locked....

Screen is locked. an icon to turn on location will not clear, how can i clear it?

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

IPhone7

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Apple device? What have you tried so far?

I tried to turn it off. The off slide will not work. I tried to push clear on the icon and pushed settings. nothing worked. i used my house phone to call it and could not answer the call

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?

32GB model

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your smartphone? What have you tried so far?

I can't access any info on the iphone7. all i have is what was printed on the box

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/28/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech replied 4 months ago
Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech

I'm sorry about the issue. On your iPhone 7, please press and hold at the same time the two buttons Power (Side) and Volume Down for at least 10 seconds until the Apple logo appears on the screen, then release. Then wait a bit, and check.

- Does that work? Does it do anything?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

How is it going? Does it do anything when you keep holding both the Power and Volume Down button on your iPhone 7 for a long time, like for about 15 seconds?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.