Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My iPhone 6 is disabled and I am trying to unlock it in a…

Customer Question
Hi my iPhone 6...

Hi my iPhone 6 is disabled and I am trying to unlock it in a computer at the liberty and it does not seem to working what do I do

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I have just changed my apple id as I forgot it

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

How do I do that

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

So I go to the mac section

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
3/28/2018
Mac Support Specialist: John T. F., Apple Consultant replied 3 months ago
John T. F., Apple Consultant

Hello! I will work to provide accurate advice. Give me a minute to read your submission.

If Secure Remote Assistance is offered, please ignore it.

The following procedure is a special device firmware update mode. It will erase your Apple device, remove the passcode, and then re-sync user data once it is done (provided you have a backup of some kind).

1) Make sure you have downloaded and installed the latest version of iTunes on your computer before attempting this:

http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

(Mac users can run System Preferences > “App Store” ( or Software Update for older OS X releases) > "Check now" to get the latest version for their system in most cases.)

2) Open iTunes on your computer and connect the Apple device directly to it (using the charging cable that came with it from Apple)

3) Turn off the Apple device (press the sleep/wake button on the top until you see the red slider and slide the red slider across to the right OR until the device completely shuts off).

4) Hold down the sleep/wake button (on the top) AND the home button (on the front) for 10 seconds

5) Release the sleep/wake button but CONTINUE to hold the home button, until...

6) iTunes should alert you it’s detected a device in recovery mode, click OK and continue along for the restore.

Note: it may ask whether you wish to restore a backup from iTunes or from iCloud. You should use which ever has the latest backup of your personal data.

If it doesn’t work the 1st time, start from the beginning and try again. If iTunes *still* doesn't recognize the device, plug it into a DIFFERENT USB port and try once more.