Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I'm trying to get reset password for my mother-in-law and it…

Customer Question
Hi Pearl, I'm trying...

Hi Pearl, I'm trying to get reset password ***** my mother-in-law and it sends e-mail to her iCloud e-mail but it is getting me into a loop. I called earlier and had a tech with me and finally found her userid information, but now unable to get instructions to reset since can't get to her e-mail.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

She doesn't remember

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Yes and it's sent e-mail to her userid and when I go into iCloud.com which she can't get to because she can't get her password *****

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Nothing right now other than I wish I remembered the tech's name that I was just talking to 10 minutes ago.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
3/28/2018
Mac Support Specialist: syseng, Systems Engineer replied 3 months ago
syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

Go to your Apple ID account page at the link below and click "Forgot Apple

ID or password." If asked to confirm your phone number, use steps for two-

factor authentication instead.

https://appleid.apple.com/#!&page=signin

Enter your Apple ID.

Select the option to reset your password, then choose Continue and follow

the rest of the steps as prompted.

Please let me know the result and if you need further assistance.

Do you still need assistance?